About the Course
At the end of this course, you will be able to follow processes and procedures on cleaning of horizontal surfaces.
What You'll Learn
- Collect assigned tools, equipment and supplies and place them on rack and/or receptacles.
- Use allocated PPE to perform cleaning of the assigned hard floor surfaces and/or carpet.
- Display the appropriate safety signage at designated area to prevent accidents during the course of cleaning the surroundings.
- Perform cleaning and/or vacuuming of hard floor surfaces or carpet in accordance with organisational procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure waste collected at waste-holding area are secured in its containers.
- Replenish consumables cleaning supplies used for cleaning the hard floor surfaces and carpet when necessary to ensure smooth operation of cleaning services provided.
- Inform appropriate person or supervisor if work activities cannot be carried out.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- 21 years and above.
- Speak, listen and read English at Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 3, and manipulate numbers at Workplace Numeracy (WPN) Level 3.
- Never attended school; pre-primary / kindergarten education; primary education without PSLE / PSPE certification or equivalent.
- Minimum of two months of work experience in the environmental service industry as a General Cleaner or with the interest to be employed in the industry.
Who Should Attend
- General Cleaner
- Indoor Cleaner
- Outdoor Cleaner