- Classroom: 16 hrs
- Assessment: 2 hrs
On completion of this course, learner will have the knowledge, skills and attitudes required of a Security Officer and Auxiliary Police Officer to prepare for conduct of security screening, perform security screening and conduct systematic search of vehicles as well as conclude security screening activities.
Conduct security screening activities to ensure the security of guarded facilities and mitigate prevailing security threats. The coverage for the Knowledge and Abilities as follows:
- Organisational procedures for screening of vehicles
- Organisational procedures for checking and using security screening equipment
- Relevant legal requirements relating to security screening operations
- Types of relevant hand signals
- Characteristics and types of vehicles
- List of prohibited and hazardous items and goods
- Organisational procedures for handling prohibited and hazardous items and goods
- Operate security screening equipment to capture relevant evidence in accordance to organisation standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Conduct systemic search of vehicles
- Complete relevant documentation relating to security screenings
- Handle prohibited and hazardous items in accordance to organisation SOPs
- Take appropriate actions to handle drivers and vehicles in accordance to organisation SOPs
- Carry out basic troubleshooting and report any equipment fault to appropriate authorities
Minimum Entry Requirement
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Auxiliary Police Officers and APO (Enforcement) below the rank of Auxiliary Police Inspector shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent.
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Security Officer shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent and have completed the Basic Licensing Unit.
Singapore Citizens, Malaysian Citizens who are Singapore Permanent Residents or Malaysian holders of Work Permits or Employment Passes.
Physical and Medical Requirement:
- Certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- Be able to read, write and speak English at WPL Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at WPN Level 4
- Be able to act in a professional manner
For skillsfuture course, you are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and attained competent for the assessment to be awarded an e-Statement Of Attainment by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) available for download in your Skills Passport. This course is eligible for SSG funding. You may access link here for more information on SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Course Fee Funding.
Click here to email for course enquiry or call 67739305.