- Classroom: 20 hrs
- Assessment: 1.5 hrs
On completion of this course, learner will have the knowledge and application skills in supervising security officers and be able to apply them to the workplace.
The course duration is 21.5 hours. It consists of the following Knowledge and Abilities:
- Organizational procedures on reporting and assign duties
- Organizational procedures for follow-up actions
- Relevant legal requirements
- Operation of security system and equipment
- Organizational and operational requirements in relation to security measures
- Types and uses of communication channels and necessary equipment to facilitate communication
- Security risk management
- Types of issues and situations during the conduct of guard and patrol activities
- Organizational procedures on maintenance of security systems and information
- Problem-solving methods to handle situations
- Supervise and ensure the safety and efficiency of the conduct of guard and patrol activities in accordance to organisational procedures
- Response to requests made by appropriate persons and promptly provide assistance
- Recommend adjustments in the deployment of security equipment and manpower related to guard and patrol activities
- Establish a standard format for security personnel to document and report any incidents during guard and patrol activities
- Monitor electronic security systems according to organisational procedures
- Handle escalated problems/issues in accordance with organisational procedures
- Detect system failure or malfunctions and inform appropriate person for remedial action
- Complete relevant records and documentation
- Assist higher management in reporting incidents to authorities
Minimum Entry Requirement
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Auxiliary Police Officers and APO (Enforcement) below the rank of Auxiliary Police Inspector shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent.
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Security Officer shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent and have completed the Basic Licensing Unit.
Singapore Citizens, Malaysian Citizens who are Singapore Permanent Residents or Malaysian holders of Work Permits or Employment Passes.
Physical and Medical Requirement:
- Certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- Be able to read, write and speak English at WPL Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at WPN Level 4
- Be able to act in a professional manner
For skillsfuture course, you are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and attained competent for the assessment to be awarded an e-Statement Of Attainment by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) available for download in your Skills Passport. This course is eligible for SSG funding. You may access link here for more information on SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Course Fee Funding.
Click here to email for course enquiry or call 67739305.