- Classroom: 24 hrs
- Assessment: 2 hrs
On completion of this course, learners will have the knowledge and application skills in prepare security screening using X-ray machine, perform security screening using X-ray machine and conclude security screening activities.
The course duration is 26 hours. It consists of the following Knowledge and Abilities:
- Organizational procedures for handling security screening equipment
- Organizational procedures for handling security screening subjects
- Organizational procedures for conducting security screening activities
- Types and appropriate uses of security screening equipment
- Types of prohibited and hazardous items and goods
- Situations or areas to use the security screening equipment
- Duty assignment details
- Check and clarify assignment details with appropriate authorities
- Prepare standard equipment necessary for screening duties
- Operate security screening equipment in accordance to organisation standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Observe persons during screening activities
- Inform appropriate authorities during situations
- Handle prohibited and hazardous items in accordance to organisation SOPs
- Log in or out and switch on or off security screening equipment
- Check and return all equipment to appropriate authorities
Minimum Entry Requirement
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Auxiliary Police Officers and APO (Enforcement) below the rank of Auxiliary Police Inspector shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent.
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Security Officer shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent and have completed the Basic Licensing Unit.
Singapore Citizens, Malaysian Citizens who are Singapore Permanent Residents or Malaysian holders of Work Permits or Employment Passes.
Physical and Medical Requirement:
- Certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- Be able to read, write and speak English at WPL Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at WPN Level 4
- Be able to act in a professional manner
For skillsfuture course, you are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and attained competent for the assessment to be awarded an e-Statement Of Attainment by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) available for download in your Skills Passport. This course is eligible for SSG funding. You may access link here for more information on SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Course Fee Funding.
Click here to email for course enquiry or call 67739305.