- Classroom: 16 hrs
- Assessment: 2 hrs
On completion of this course, learner will have the knowledge and application skills in providing guard and patrol services and be able to apply them to the workplace.
The training hour for this course is 18 hours. It consists of the following Knowledge and Abilities:
- Organisational procedures for preparing and performing guard and patrol activities
- Organisational procedures for checking and using appropriate equipment for guard and patrol activities
- Relevant legal requirements relating to guard and patrol activities
- Organisational procedures for handling enquiries, requests and offences during guard and patrol activities
- Techniques and tactics for guard and patrol activities
- List of prohibited and hazardous items and goods
- Types of relevant stakeholders
- Types of issues and situations during the conduct of guard and patrol activities
- Organisational procedures for reporting of incidents during guard and patrol activities
- Types of mobile interface and technology
- Check and clarify assignment details with appropriate authorities
- Prepare and operate appropriate equipment necessary for guard and patrol duties in accordance to organisation standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Carry out guarding in accordance with assigned schedules
- Carry out patrol of building premises in accordance with assigned schedules with the use of mobile devices
- Attend calls promptly and clearly according to organisation SOPs
- Handle theft incident in accordance to organisation SOPs and relevant legal requirements
- Inform and report to appropriate authorities during situations
- Handle prohibited and hazardous items in accordance to organisation SOPs
- Check and return all equipment to appropriate authorities
Minimum Entry Requirement
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Auxiliary Police Officers and APO (Enforcement) below the rank of Auxiliary Police Inspector shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent.
- The minimum entry educational qualification for Security Officer shall be 3 GCE ‘N” Level credits, 3 SPM Credits, NITEC or their equivalent and have completed the Basic Licensing Unit.
Singapore Citizens, Malaysian Citizens who are Singapore Permanent Residents or Malaysian holders of Work Permits or Employment Passes.
Physical and Medical Requirement:
- Certified by a medical doctor to be physically fit for work
- Not be colour-blind or hearing impaired
- Be able to read, write and speak English at WPL Level 4
- Be able to manipulate numbers at WPN Level 4
- Be able to act in a professional manner
For skillsfuture course, you are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and attained competent for the assessment to be awarded an e-Statement Of Attainment by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) available for download in your Skills Passport. This course is eligible for SSG funding. You may access link here for more information on SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Course Fee Funding.
Click here to email for course enquiry or call 67739305.