DCM™ for Supported Living (DCM™-SL) aims to equip you with knowledge of person-centred dementia care and the use of Dementia Care Mapping™ at the home of persons with dementia. DCM™ for Supported Living provided a supervisory framework for the development and support of home care staff.
This course aims to provide participants with:
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
1. Understand the purpose and conduct of using DCM™ in home-based care settings.
2. Carry out DCM™ coding and data processing for DCM™ in home-based care settings.
3. Provide evidence-based feedback to staff working in home-based care.
4. Identify a developmental plan for staff working in home-based care.
To have completed DCM™ for Realising Person-Centred Care within the previous 5 years.
- Intoduce good practice principles for briefing sessions
- Distinguish coding differences between DCM™ and DCM™-SL
- Data analysis using tracker graphs
- Action planning
Who Should Attend
People working in supported living contexts (e.g. home care/support, community-based teams) that provide support for people with dementia and who wish to implement and monitor the delivery of person-centred dementia care using DCM™-SL. .
Competency Mapping (DCCF)
- Promote Person-Centred Care
- Manage Behavirous of Concern
- Support the Families and Caregivers of Persons with Dementia
Ms Carol Fusek currently is a member of Dementia Singapore (DSG) and works with DSG in a paid and volunteer capacity, in particularly, supporting Dementia Care Mapping (DCM) and Person Centred Care (PCC) training. Since 2002, Carol has pursued her community-focused interests and has been certified by the University of Bradford, United Kingdom, in the DCM method. In 2004, she earned an advanced mapping certification and evaluator status. In 2013, Carol earned her certification as a DCM trainer. Carol has a strong background in delivering executive coaching and consulting services to corporate and not for profit clients across the Asia-Pacific region where she has lived and worked since 1991. Prior to this, she was Associate Director, Customer Service & Logistics Asia, Procter & Gamble, where during her 26-year career she held various leadership roles.
Carol is a native of California in the US and a graduate of the University of California, Davis, where she earned two Bachelor’s degrees. She is a Coach U Core Essentials Graduate, a certified NLP Master Practitioner and coach, a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF); and certified in the application of the latest neuroscience to succeed in collaboration, decision making, and leading change.
For any enquiries, please email Chandeni at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on ‘Express your interest’ to sign up now!